Program Manager for our Metal Forming Division located in Southfield, Michigan. The qualified candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the automotive sector.
The role of a program manager is to manage the plant systems that control manufacturing processes. The primary goal of a program manager is to coordinate projects from start to finish of a forging and machining process. This would be achieved through project kickoff meetings, accountability, understanding of internal and external processes. Customer APQP / PPAP requirements, generating timelines and monitoring milestones thru the life of the projects. Help manage outside vendors including capital required projects. Strong communication skills and positive attitude required to keep projects on track.
The ideal candidate is a good problem solver, independent, detailed, resourceful, and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Build cross-functional team within all facilities required for project
- Provide team with clear scope of project and customer requirements
- Using various means of communication
- Learn and understand plant manufacturing processes and equipment
- Learn customer documentation requirements for APQP
- APQP process requirement
- Capacity requirements
- Milestone requirements
- Manage/assist with major capital projects
- Develop and lead process improvement activities
- Weekly and monthly executive reporting structure for project progress
- Understanding of project financials / budgets
- Use of MS Office software
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Technology in an engineering or manufacturing discipline
- Six Sigma Black Belt Training a plus
- Continuous Improvement Training a plus
- Facilitate projects from start to finish
- Ability to work independently and make right decisions
- Understanding of forging and machining processes
- Experience with high speed multi-station vertical or horizontal machines is a plus
- MS project used extensively
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams
- Create positive atmosphere for team members
- Ability to handle conflict
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- MS Project
Must be willing to travel.