SCADA/EMS QE Engineer
Currently we are seeking a SCADA/EMS QE Engineer
QE Engineer with at least 7+ years of Experience with a minimum 3 yrs experience in Power Systems, SCADA systems, Visual Studio C#, Coded UI, TestNG & Jenkins with additional experience in Selenium (a plus).
- Experience in Transmission Industry – Energy Management Systems (EMS/GMS), SCADA systems, ICCP protocols, ELCOM will be preferred.
- At least 3 years of Visual Studio C#, Coded UI test automation development experience creating and maintaining applications and/or frameworks.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting, Fortron, use of persistent storage such as Oracle DBMS, PostgreSQL, PL/SQL (at least one of them is a must).
- Experience in TestNG, Coded UI, Selenium and Sikuli Plugins will be preferred.
- Experience in automated testing principles and experience in building automated tests (using tools such as Visual Studio, Jenkins, TestNG).
- Design and implement extensions to current TFS, HP ALM, Jenkins, and GIT connectors to enhance integrations with additional data and capabilities. (Bi-directional updates)
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of software development processes and standards (Agile Development, GUI standards, etc.)
- Written and spoken English is professional, clear and understood by others the first time. You are able to adjust your style according to the situation whether it’s a 15 minute stand up meeting or demo in front of senior management.
- Working knowledge with one or more of the following an asset: VersionOne, TFS, PERL, XML, JSON, LDAP, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ and Configuration Management.
- Experienced in multiple application platforms (Unix, Linux, Windows)
- Experience in Backend API Automation and Web Services approaches along with the relationship to an application.
- Object oriented design and programming in multiple languages a plus.
- experience in Software Installation and Configuration Management is a plus.
- Additional Experience in other test automation tools like QTP, Test Complete and Load testing tools like Load Runner / Jmeter is a plus.
- Awards and Certifications in previous companies and/or on any of the tools used and listed above is a plus.
- Need proper understanding of the Energy Management Systems (EMS/GMS), SCADA system (both Front End and Back End) modules, ICCP protocols, ELCOM used in the Transmission/Utility industry or Power Grid systems and come up with Automation scripts to help the QA and Development teams.
- Design, develop, re-factor, review, maintain and tune server software with high quality and performance in mind using Visual Studio C#, CodedUI, and potentially integrate with Jenkins. Also maintain automation scripts designed in JAVA and TestNG and should be able to use STS (sprint tool suite) is a plus.
- Strong documentation skills with great attention to detail required for user story creation in Version One
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams at the same time and ability to effectively balance multiple tasks
- Has experience in carrying out root cause analysis on Customer issues, provide summary reports to the management based on the RCA.
- Take initiative to work with your team to resolve technical problems. Be pro-active in offering help to others.
- Thorough unit test of implementation; Review team members’ design and implementation.
- Help Development team on automating unit tests and provide / implement automation framework
- Suggest new ideas and new way of development as part of an overall environment of constant improvement.
- Advise management on risks that will impact schedule and quality of software.
- Fail fast when needed and learn from mistakes; prototype new features.
- Make your team meet its commitments through collaborative efforts on planning, design, coding, testing and growing our automated test suite to fulfill the done criteria.
- Proficient in review the code of other software developers, noting potential problems, and identifying recommendations for improvement
- Should be willing to provide support 24/7 during customer releases and provide daily summary reports whenever required
- Willing to travel to Customer sites, Offshore locations whenever required and train the personnel on the Domain and processes followed at .