The Mechanical Designer will work with the Manager of Engineering and Project Engineers to Manage and create all drafted documentation associated with projects. The documentation will primarily be created using AutoCAD. The scope of the job will span all elements of the project life inclusive of gathering project requirements, preliminary and final design, procurement and As-Builts of equipment and materials, and control of project documentation. Work will also include updating management of documentation for existing equipment systems.
- Prepare design drawings, details, and sketches, concepts or mark-ups provide by engineering staff. Draw and plot drawings to scale as required.
- Work under the direction of the Manager of Engineering or the Project Engineer to design complex drawings, such as P&ID, “for build” documents, design layouts, detailed drawings, equipment skid and piping, rail and consoles and all other equipment designs.
- Prepare complex drawings as required.
- Prepare and work with bills of material (BOMs) and other documents.
- Develop equipment/material takeoffs from drawings or sketches. Support preparation of requests for quotes as directed.
- Create and mark-up existing PDF documents as needed.
- Assist engineering and project management staff with day to day project functions as needed. Including researching project specifications, contacting vendors, and other support functions as needed.
- Work independently based on instructions, directions, or requests received from the Engineering staff.
- 5 to 10 years AutoCAD experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD. 2D and 3D design.
- Strong understanding of, mechanical design fundamentals and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- AutoCAD training (2 year Associates degree in Drafting Technology or equivalent).
- Ability to take direction and act independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized.
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Company-Sponsored Events
- Wellness Program
- 401k Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program