Job Title: Engineering - R&D Engineer 2
Job Description: R&D Engineer
Mission Statement: Contribute with own ideas to identify, propose and implement innovative technology development and solutions. Solve industrial problems independently.
1. Technical and scientific proficiency and leadership Demonstrates solid technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments, mainly in research and development (R&D) projects, which demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions. Actively follows the scientific discussions in own competence area and contributes independently.
2. Technology direction Understands the key business drivers for in order to make judgments and contribute to results.
3. Innovation and creativity Contributes to R&D projects with own, creative ideas. Proposes follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas.
4. Projects, processes and tools As a solid R&D project member and contributor, with experience as project or sub-project leader, ensures alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinates activities. Demonstrates sound understanding of, and actively applies, R&D processes and tools.
5. R&D context Maintains awareness of state-of-art technology, as well as products and technologies, and identifies and understands technical drivers for R&D projects in own area. Understands what creates customer value in own R&D projects and project portfolio of own organization and works to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests. Provides consulting services to business operations and customers.
6. Knowledge transfer Participates constructively in working teams. Shares own technical/scientific knowledge in own projects and supports colleagues in applying processes and tools to ensure timely and high quality results. Shows solid documentation skills and writes technical reports independently.
7. Network and visibility Participates in networks in own area, including relevant Engineering networks, in order to further knowledge in targeted area of expertise.
8. Intellectual property (IP) and risk management Has a basic understanding of the importance of IP for the business, contributes to IP discussions and develops project clearance reports. Identifies risks in R&D projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and two (2) years related experience;
• Knowledge of drafting and related practices to develop designs, drawings and layouts, ensure quality of complex designs and compliance with customer requirements.
• Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred
• Knowledge of power distribution equipment such as Molded Case Circuit Breakers, Air Circuit Breakers, Fused & Non-Fused Disconnect Switches, Switchboards, Switchgear, Enclosed Breakers, Enclosed Switches.
• In-depth knowledge of standard practices, precedents and reference sources to accomplish design intent.
• ProE and AutoCad Proficiency Expertise and experience in designing enclosures with desired structural integrity using sheet metal, plastics and die cast materials Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly techniques used in electronic equipment.
• Familiarity with UL and IEC agency requirements. Preferred prior experience in power distribution equipment design meeting UL489, UL489B, UL98, UL98B, UL891, UL1558.
PR will be $30 for up to 2 years experience - depending on the candidate may have some flexibility