Our company, a reputable machining company that holds over 50 patents on dies and related equipment, is seeking an experienced (3 years +) machine builder who is knowledgeable in building custom, high tolerance machines and as well as installing and/or repairing machines at our customers’ sites.
This is a full-time and permanent position that offers a competitive wage and attractive benefits package including healthcare insurance (medical, dental, vision) and retirement program with employer match.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Building, assembling, testing, and troubleshooting large industrial equipment that has been built to our customers' specifications.
- Knowledge of machine construction using hand tools, power tools, Bridgeport, surface grinders, drill press and lathe.
- Experience in using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges and micrometers.
- Ability to test operation of assembly after verifying alignment and the tolerances of moving parts. This involves a considerable
number of parts requiring skill and care to maintain close tolerances in fits, alignments and clearances.
- Assembling hydraulic and pneumatic control systems with the assistance of engineering instruction (verbal, schematics and
- Planning and performing all required operations connected with erection and assembly of machinery and auxiliaries following
standard or accepted methods and procedures.
- Willingness to work in a group of other machine builders who appreciate their job, must be company and customer focused, able
to support multiple projects, able to meet timelines and delivery schedules.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs. and have own tools.
- Ability to work second shift is a plus (shift premium included)
High School Diploma or Technical Training
You must be able to take and pass a pre-employment drug screen and you must have a valid driver’s license. There is a possibility of overseas travel.