Work Location: Pinetops, NC
Job Title: Light Industrial - Assembler 1
Job Description: (Cutout Assembly - 1st Shift) - Regular Hours - 6:30am - 3:00pm
Basic Job Description
An individual in this position must be able to perform in all positions to make the product. Individuals may not be trained on all positions within a department, but individuals are expected to be aware of their surroundings and willing to learn all positions in a department. A department includes and is not limited to the following positions: winder, assembler, test & pack, insulation cutting, ratio testing, casting, etc. This position description is not designed to be all inclusive, however, is provided to give you an outline of this role.
• Responsible for meeting the quality specifications for products produced that pass through your work station
• Suggest improvements of product process flow to manager or manufacturing engineer
• Responsible for building a product that meets the work instructions, “Shop Pack” or blueprints specifications
• Responsible for pulling materials for the production of the product from the “Shop Pack”
• Responsible for completing measurements throughout the processes
• Responsible for performing “preliminary” testing process
• Performs assembly operations such as winding, taping, soldering, wire stripping, crimping, attaching leads, assembling, etc.
• Responsible for the set-up and operation of various equipment to process and transport coil
• Responsible for packing and crating product that meets the specifications
• Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean work area
• Responsible for creating a safe environment and working “safe” everyday
• Responsible for meeting daily production numbers in your area
• Responsible for performing miscellaneous duties and stepping into other areas as needed
Complexity of Tasks
This position requires thorough knowledge of the product specifications and quality requirements. Must be able to inspect product to ensure customer specifications are met throughout the process. The individual needs to be able to read instructions, Shop Pack Order, and blueprints. Individuals need to be able to work in a repetitious environment, be detail oriented, study and follow instructions and have the ability to inspect products at all times.