To setup and assemble FT switches. This involves assembly of sub-assemblies and finished parts with small components consisting of such items as handles, springs, screws, nuts, covers, housings and switches in accordance with product specification sheets, drawings and methods, schedules, and customer needs.
II. Tools and Equipment
Bench fixtures, hand tools, riveting machines, air drivers, and gauges
FT components and test equipment
IV. Working Procedures and/or Responsibility Assigned
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment.
1. Arrive on time. In work area and ready for assignement at start of shift.
2. Receive work assignment from supervisor or his/her designee.
3. Assemble sub-assemblies and finished parts through such methods as hand assembly, riveting, air driving, and bolting components, per specification sheets and customer orders. Perform final boxing, to complete assemblies and sub-assemblies.
4. Test finished parts by using guagues, computer terminals and testing equipment, and assure test results are within tolerances as defined on product specification sheets. As required, document status and pass/fail test information of completed sub-assemblies and finished parts.
5. Visually inspect sub-assemblies and finished parts for accuracy, proper connections and placement, making adjustments and changes as necessary.
6. Follow methods, M-Specs, product specs. and drawing information required to assemble and test relays.
7. Support quality manufacturing goals, productivity goals and on-time shipment goals.
8. Follow Kanban procedures in ordering and receiving materials. First in, first out (FIFO)
9. Report material defects and shortages to supervisor or designated employee.
10. Follow safe work practices and wear PPE while required (Safety glasses & ear protection) Maintain tools, equipment and working area in a clean and orderly condition.
11. Perform duties in accordance with the Coral Springs Quality, Safety and Environmental Management
V. Scope, Purpose, and Frequency of Contacts
VI. Direction of Others
VII. Direction Received
Receive work assignments from Supervisor and/or from Operations Specialist
VIII. Education Requirements
High School or GED or equivalent experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments
IX. Experience and Skill Requirements
Must be able to read, speak, understand and write English.
Demonstrated ability to use small hand tools, small power tools,riveting and connecting equipment.
Able to follow methods and drawings along with good communication skills.
X. Physical Requirements
Able to do repetitive work.
Lift up to 40 lbs.
Stand or sit for long periods of time.