The Sales Engineer shall be responsible for the initiating, developing, and maintaining of long term relationships with customers and estimating, budgeting, scheduling and management of controls engineering projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned accounts.
- Increase the dollar volume of sales with assigned accounts.
- Actively prospect and book work with new clients.
- Develop relationships with assigned and new accounts.
- Maintain and grow sales volume, meet sales goals per measurable goals.
- Spend and optimal amount of time in the office, maximize your time out of the office. Use time spent in the office on estimating, proposals, phone calls, market research, infrastructure and background tasks.
- Estimating. Acquire skills in conducting a take-off from bid specifications & drawings, estimating all aspects of labor, material and subcontracting.
- Initiate, develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers.
- Book work consistent with company expertise, corporate goals and objectives, and the short-term and long-term backlog needs. Focus on longer-term design & build contracts.
- Book Schedule of Fees labor contracts.
- Prepare and submit job project documentation including budgets on projects booked.
- Be point with customers, written and verbal, on all matters concerning scope and schedule, dollars and cents.
- Maintain knowledge of: project status, staffing, costs, performance to budget, and schedule.
- Actively participate in problem resolution as necessary, take steps to maximize margin, expedite method, practice and procedure, and ensure quality.
- As necessary, schedule and effect project review meetings with customers and internally.
- Participate in job closure meetings if requested.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and report of sales activity if requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Background in Sales & Marketing
- Familiarity with automation & controls industries
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting
- Capable of Strategic & Tactical Planning & Execution
- Skilled in Public Speaking & Business/Technical Writing
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- University Graduate in Engineering and/or Business
- Established network of professional contacts in markets and/or geographical area
- Demonstrated background in leadership
- Entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to sacrifice, work long hours and place others first