☒ Salaried Exempt
Performs a wide range of large systems support including inter-departmental technical support. Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Support and maintain the z/OS environment
• Support and maintain the z/VM environment
• Maintain RACF, SMPE, SMS
• Diagnose and resolve system hardware and software issues.
• Assist in departmental support services by providing technical assistance.
• Monitor and analyze system performance and make needed improvements.
• Perform other systems tasks as needed.
Four year degree in computer science or related field preferred.
Level of Experience Required: 5+ to 10 yrs
Would you be willing/able to look at a recent college graduate for this position? ☒ Yes ☐ No
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
• Working knowledge of supporting a z/OS environment
• Working knowledge of supporting a z/VM environment
• Experience with capacity planning, optimizing and scaling high traffic servers
• Understanding of network protocols such as DNS, FTP, HTTP, SMB, NFS
• Good business judgment.
• Able to work as a team member.
• Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Function in a system architect role.
• Good documentation and communication skills.
• Knowledge of a large mainframe shop running on a z/OS sysplex