Document Control Specialist
Job Title: Admin/Clerical - Document Control Specialist
Job Description: Main Accountabilities:
This person will work closely with all members of EPC solutions team and will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating meetings & events. Duties include answering non-routine correspondence, as well as handling confidential & sensitive information. This role will support safety initiatives, including researching content, composing a monthly newsletter, and enrolling / tracking safety & skills training for the team as needed. Given the fast-paced environment, the position requires outstanding communication skills, ability to handle multiple priorities, and the ability to adapt quickly to changes. High attention to detail is essential for success, as well as a very proactive approach in working with others and identifying opportunities for how the Administrative Assistant position can most effectively support the team.
This person will also part time support document control department in managing project-related documentation to ensure effective version control, customer document transmissions, according to contractual agreements and the effective status tracking for all project documents, claims information and lessons learned from the project. Working under supervision assist operation teams with the creation, distribution and storage of accurate and timely documentation
This person must be highly-proficient with Microsoft tools (including strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. The position will report to the Operations Manager and will work under the supervision of the Sr. Document Controller.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Support the onboarding of new employees with ordering of computers, mobile phones, setup of cubicle with appropriate office needs, and compiling agendas for new employees from other offices.
• Working with Microsoft Office tools, including Excel spreadsheets, to create formulas and charts/graphs; this may involve creating and/or revising PowerPoint presentations as well.
• Make comprehensive travel arrangements and coordinate meetings & conferences – this will involve arranging facilities, transportation, lodging, and special activities.
• Coordinating events for meetings and/or hospitality which may include choosing the most appropriate event site, organizing schedules, deciding on the menus, securing accommodations, and planning for the transportation of the attendees (i.e. staff meetings, onboarding, training, onsite health screenings, Sales pipeline/opportunity teleconferences, safety training, etc.).
• Compose monthly safety newsletter and distribute to the Sales team.
• Provide general support on variety of activities & related tasks: (e.g. direction of incoming calls, invoice processing, etc.)
• Deal with a diverse, multinational population at all levels of the organization while exercising sound independent judgment in planning, prioritizing and organizing – this may involve recommending improvements in office practices or procedures.
• Support internal communication activities (i.e. maintain distribution lists, disseminate Monthly Sales Reports, promotional mailings, annual customer relationship NPS surveys, etc.).
• Operates the document management systems required by the operation teams.
• Maintains lists of documents, codes documents, ensures that the reviews, numbering, distribution, filing and registration are in compliance with procedures.
• Effectively communicates appropriate information to stakeholders in a timely manner. • Ensures that is presented as a professional organization in all interactions with the customer
• Applies company procedures related to document management information systems correctly. Verifies the format, receipt, registration, number, filing, recovery and the issue of documents.
Ø Minimum associate’s degree with 3 years of professional experience in document management or administrative-oriented role;
Ø Self-directed and highly-motivated.
Ø Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Ø Good working knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Ø Experience organizing events & meetings.
Ø Experience working with expense management tools (especially Concur).
Ø Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) – demonstrated experience in creating correspondence and communications is highly preferred.
Ø Detail-oriented and well-organized professional demeanor.
Ø Demonstrate a proven track record for delivering assignments on-time with exceptional accuracy.
Ø Proactive communication skills to effectively interface and coordinate activities involving management and employees.
Ø Familiar with Electronic Document Management systems.