Basic Function: The main purpose of this role is the implementation, configuration, training, coordination and administration of more intelligent tools, such as the “Enterprise” PDM (EPDM) and Bentley Substation tools, to respond to customer requirements and to cost-effectively increase efficiency through the use of more sophisticated engineering software tools. Service & Support includes responding to and evaluating requests for systems service and support. It also consists of recommending and implementing solutions that may include the introduction of new equipment or changes in procedures.
Perform a variety of information systems activities within area of expertise. Provide support for systems operations and assist in formulating and defining project scope and objectives. Pursue initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer satisfaction.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Implement, configure and administer more intelligent software tools to enhance overall design efficiency by reducing throughput time and improving quality. This also includes developing and documenting any new or modified process descriptions.
Monitor progress, comply with quality and schedule requirements, and maintain detailed logs and records.
Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve problems, and suggest measures to prevent recurrence. Modify and maintain systems and recommend ways to increase operating effectiveness and control costs.
Complexity of Tasks: Assignments require development of new systems, tools, and quality procedures, familiarization with related computer programs, and general understanding of the group's operations in order to provide effective support.
• Experience with Enterprise SolidWorks PDM system implementation and administration
• Experience with 2D and 3D CAD software package administration including upgrading licensing, interfacing with software vendors, developing hardware architecture, and troubleshooting issues (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, MicroStation)
• Experience with managing database based software tools
• This position requires the ability to clearly communicate with ABB and supplier personnel, both domestically and internationally, in order to success¬fully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve software implementation related activities and issues.
• Basic conversation skills and normal tact and courtesy are required.
• Experience with Sharepoint administration