Controls Engineering job description
Our Customer is currently hiring software and hardware design engineers. This is a full time, permanent position with benefits. Approximately 40% annual travel is required. This position promises a challenging environment with exposure to many diverse industries and manufacturing communities. Our customer offers competitive wages, opportunity for advancement, a full benefit package and a very open family oriented work environment.
Desired main skills include: PLC/HMI programming, control panel design abilities, overall knowledge of manufacturing engineering and project management. Good communication skills and attention to details.
Additional desirable skills: SCADA programming, sales and estimating experience relative to industrial control systems, vision system engineering, and robot programming.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
Responsible for the design and implementation of automated control systems.
- Control panel design (hardware design)
- Specification and sizing of all required components
- Selection and sizing of enclosures (Inc. heat load calculations)
- Mark ups to existing drawing sets for CAD detailing
- Familiarity with NEC, NFPA, and any applicable electrical design standards
- Software design/development
- Design, development, and testing of PLC based logic
- Design, development, and testing of HMI based logic
- Design, development, and testing of SCADA and network software
- Startup and Commissioning
- On site testing and validation of new and retrofitted control systems
- Debug of electrical wiring issues
- Supervision of the installing electrical contractor
- System check out of all I/O, alarms/faults, and modes of operation
- Development of technical documentation (i.e. O&M manuals, network diagrams, etc.)
- Operator training
- Enforce safe work practices as the highest priority & adheres to objectives for ergonomics, health/safety & housekeeping
- Develop and monitor project schedules and budgets
- Experience with PLC & HMI programming, commissioning, and troubleshooting across major platforms. (i.e. Rockwell/AB and Siemens products)
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of resourcefulness.
- Experience using, understanding, and documenting schematics and design notes.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work extended hours.
- Experience with PLC & HMI programming, commissioning, and troubleshooting across various additional platforms. (i.e. GE, Mitsubishi, Omron, etc.).
- Experience with programming and setting up vision systems.
- Experience with manipulation, set-up, and programming of robotic systems.
- Experience with various bus topologies. (i.e. Profibus, Interbus-S, As-I, etc.).
- Experience setting up and configuring VFD’s.
- Experience in fluid power design (hydraulics and pneumatics)
- SCADA system software development experience
- Custom software development (i.e. MS SQL, VB, etc.)
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (prefer Electrical) with a minimum of (2) years’ experience within a manufacturing environment is preferred but not required.