Our customer, a leader in Automotive Testing is seeking to fill multiple Test Technician roles. These are contract to direct hire, permanent opportunities. There are 1st and 2nd shift positions available.
We are open to interns currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program, Associates program, or certification program - programs should be engineering, or automotive/industrial technology programs. Pay rate for internship roles range between $10 per hour and $14 per hour.
Experience - Entry Level to Senior Level
Salary/Pay: $17 per hour to $28 per hour (Overtime eligible) - based on experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preparation/set-ups/testing/evaluation/monitoring of samples/parts based on our customer's SOPs, designated standards, clients instructions to meet client and/or regulatory needs. Set-ups to include hydraulic system loops, Electro Dynamic Shakers, Pneumatic Cylinders, MAST tables and controllers for the equipment listed.
- Work may be either tested at HQ or performed in the field at the client or other site.
- Completes worksheets and/or logbooks to maintain traceability of what was done.
- Provides information, opinion and advice to supervisor regarding status of tests.
- Maintains and repairs testing/prep equipment as required and reports any problems to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains proper records and verifies up-to-date calibration on equipment prior to use.
- Ensures all work complies with internal Q.A manual and all written/verbal instructions.
- May assist in the creation/revision of SOPs.
- Assists in the generation of technical reports and certificates as required.
- Maintains a neat and safe work area.
- Performs other functions as required by immediate supervisor or delegate.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs repetitively/daily without concern.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3yrs experience in Testing to include Hydraulic, Vibration, Environmental and Pneumatic Testing
- Degree or Diploma in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or other engineering fields or relate sciences an asset.
- Experience in machining and fabrication is an asset.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
This is a Full Time position.