We currently are seeking a Controls Engineer to support to the team for job quotation, design, start up, build and install.
• Write and program detailed system functional specifications based upon proposal documents
• Provide engineering support to quote new jobs, work with customers during design and startup.
• Responsible for project budgets dealing with hardware and software engineering functions.
• Perform electrical software work for new or special products, as well as research and design of new controls circuits.
• Assist Manufacturing and Test Floor departments during development phase of new or special equipment.
• Write programs and debug of software as it relates to the design of new or special equipment.
• Assist in the training of the customer personnel in the operation of equipment.
• BSEE in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
• Five years minimum work experience in advanced system design in high technology manufacturing environment.
• Programming skills using ladder logic, flow charting or other high level languages.
• Experience in AutoCAD, Siemens 7 and/or Allen Bradley.
• Ability to design hydraulic, pneumatic, lube and coolant systems.
• Superior analytical abilities needed to communicate company and customer needs with other departments and outside vendors.
• Requires some travel to customer facilities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Requires travel to customer or supplier as required.
• Requires ability to travel by air.
• Requires standing and walking.
• Requires ability to talk and ability to hear.
• Requires adequate finger dexterity for computer use and the use of hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Reading, writing, mathematics and measuring abilities.
• When working with the machines, employee must be able to bend, twist, kneel, climb ladder.