We are currently seeking an experienced Service Engineer with a strong Controls background.
- Install, debug, adjust and perform repairs on the electronic and electro-mechanical portion of products at the customer facility and during the assembly process in house.
- Perform all preventative maintenance on products.
- Work closely with customers to identify needs and service problems by building the customer relationship.
- Assist all departments when not conducting service activities.
- Requires significant travel, both local, out of state and international, with sometimes little or no notice.
- Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technology, BSEE or BSME preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years experience as a service technician in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
- Significant abilities in control applications for machine tools and/or test equipment.
- Superior skills using Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLC.
- Strong electrical, mechanical, pneumatic skills in machine tooling/test equipment.
- Expertise in rotating/balancing equipment a plus
- Superior abilities in customer relations and technical management.
- Ability to travel to customer sites.
- Requires travel to customer or supplier with little or no notice, as required, during all phases of a job.
- Requires extensive overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to travel by air.
- Requires standing and walking.
- Requires ability to talk and ability to hear.
- Requires adequate finger dexterity for tool use and the use of hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Reading, writing, mathematics and measuring abilities.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- When working with the machines, employee must be able to bend, twist