The skill set needed is going to be Siemens Step 7, and also exposure to FAST (Ford and Siemens Transline). If they have worked on a current Ford project they might have exposure to FAST. Version is FAST 42.
Responsible for designing and integration of controls software engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes software product design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications and technical documentation.
- Carries out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and project specifications.
- Develop and integrate programming strategies.
- Develop and implement software designs from functional specifications.
- Perform debug and commission activities on shop floor and customer site.
- Prepare software documentation for customer approval, and final documentation.
- Addresses potential problems and carries out appropriate actions individually or proposes solutions to the project engineer depending on the severity of the problem.
- Comply with and enforce all company and customer safety policies.
- Regular attendance at the assigned job site(s).