Responsible for project execution, contract compliance, customer satisfaction and financial return for one or more of the most complex and/or large projects involving major financial commitments. Serve as technical consultant to managers and project participants, and coordinate project activities. Develop, recommend and implement initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction and improve performance.
1. Define, jointly with Factory Manager and Controller, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
2. Ensures that the projects follow execution best practices and policies. Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization. Commits to improve performance while taking action to minimize risks. Acts proactively to avoid/minimize project risks and turn situations into opportunities
3. Plan critical path, monitor and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyses and shares lessons learned throughout the project.
4. Ensure project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with policies and contractual agreements. Coordinates with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for project from external and internal suppliers. Support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
5. Actively participate in Improvement Processes related to project management and support various projects lead by others within the organization.
6. Create effective reports (status/progress) to all stakeholders with appropriate detail for desired understanding of the true project status and what needs to be achieved to accomplish project goals and objectives
7. Work with others in a coordinated and professional way to create a team environment that achieves project success.
8. Ensures the project follows and complies with health, safety, and environmental policies.
Cost Reduction and Productivity Improvement Projects Include:
1) Overall factory layout and flow improvement projects, building expansion and other capital improvement projects.
2) Instrument Transformer Improvement Projects:
a. Cost reduction attainment by implementing Materials Handling/Automation of MV and LV products… cores, winding, core coil assemblies and testing
b. Strategic competitive advantage and cost attainment by insourcing our high accuracy 600 V Thermo Plastic Rubber (TPR) products (vendor development, technical approval, cost reduction attainment)
c. Standards compliance and market leadership versus competition by completion of the transfer of IEEE PD Compliant Transformers from R&D to production
d. Supply chain/business model set up to drive 2 week lead times for certain products (BCT, Plastic and TPR)
e. Facilitate project needed to qualify an alternate source of e-steel to support volume needed (required due to steel import restrictions)
3) Cutouts and Switches
a. Supply chain/business model set up to drive cost reductions and 2 week lead times for cutouts
b. Productivity improvement within the ODP production area leveraging automation/mechanization.
c. Productivity improvement within the Versaruptor production area leveraging automation/mechanization.
4) Facilitate various cross-functional cost out projects (e.g. packaging supplies, maintenance expenses).