As the PLC/HMI Programmer, you will be directly responsible for design of sequencing, safety circuitry and graphic interfaces. The PLC/HMI Programmer will work with cross functional groups as well as support other engineering groups to ensure projects are completed on schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of Electrical hardware circuits. Directing CAD operators with respect to Electrical Hardware design.
- Design of PLC Software programs and development HMI screens to customer specifications. Needs to be familiar with Allen Bradley, Siemens and other PLC operating systems.
- Work alongside mechanical Engineers and Designers in order to create an industrial machine control systems.
- Conduct the peripheral device programming and machine PLC programming.
- Supervise and coordinate and the machine debug, power up, and machine validation with mechanical build and electrical teams.
- Set up and configure communication networks but not limited to device net, Ethernet and remote I/O
- Commission and validation systems at the customer’s location.
- Must be able to Travel throughout North America (including Mexico & Canada) to customers' locations. Travel to customers' location may take up to 40% of the time.
- Follow all company safety and quality policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical degree in an electrical related field or equivalent experience (at least 5 years)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to trave up tol 40% of time
- Valid driver’s license & Passport
- Proficiency with Rockwell Automation (PLC5, SLC500, Control Logix, Device net, Ethernet, RsView ME Station, Powerflex) and Siemens (WinCc and TiPortal) equipment
In addition to competitive compensation, this position comes with a Full Benefits Package including: 401k with employer contribution, quarterly profit-sharing bonuses, personal time off, holiday pay, health and dental insurance, company paid life, short and long term disability insurance.