Employ Supply Chain Management (SCM) knowledge and personal commitment to ensure procurement of all goods and services on assigned projects, ensuring that all purchases meet project requirements for quality, on-time delivery, budget conformance, and satisfaction of customer expectations. Participate closely with the proposal team to contribute to pursuit of competitive market advantages through identifying opportunities for cost reductions, emerging-market sourcing, utilization of supplier technologies, consolidation of suppliers, aggregating and leveraging buys, etc. Follow established procedures while working closely with project team members. As assigned by supervisor, lead short-term assignments for the company’s needs.
• Develop and maintain sourcing procurement plans for assigned projects.
• Lead/coordinate negotiation of all major project purchases in all commodities, utilizing available department resources as assigned by supervisor, and working within business-unit, divisional, regional and global supplier agreements.
• Achieve highest amount of Emerging Market (EM) sourcing practical for assigned projects.
• Develop EM supplier relationships internal and external to e.g., China, India, Mexico, Eastern Europe.
• Understand full-cost models for project budgets.
• Lead and document sourcing-committee meetings on all major project purchases.
• Attend all project meetings and risk reviews, as required.
• Track timing for project purchases and ensure On-Time Delivery (OTD) for all project purchases.
• Recommend new suppliers, following SCM guidelines for additions to the Approved Supplier List (ASL)
• Manage active projects daily, which could consist of 5 to 10 at a time.
• Issue Purchase Orders (POs) for project purchases, as required.
• Resolve invoice issues with Shared Accounting Services (SAS).
• Working with assigned commodity buyer, ensure that supplier bid line ups, bid reviews, and sourcing recommendations are completed per SCM Department guidelines, including:
o Selecting bidders
o Developing RFQ packaging, incorporating technical specifications from others
o Scheduling and leading line-up meetings, jointly conducted as required with Engineering or other internal customers
o Ensuring competitive bids are obtained for all major project purchases
o Performing and documenting bid analysis, using provided forms and tools
o Making sourcing recommendations to project teams and SCM Manager
• Support and implement sourcing decisions, from “cradle to grave” of purchase.
• Lead resolution of supplier disputes. Be known as a conflict resolver.
• Support Proposal Team as requested, as outlined in Mission Statement above
• Managing sourcing of project purchases of up to $15 million annually.
• Managing active projects daily, which could consist of more than 10 at a time.
• Coordinating the activities of up to 3 supporting buyers, shared with other lead project buyers.
• Working globally
• Time to support all programs/proposals
• Demanding project schedules
• Aggressive project budget requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Minimum 8 years of SCM experience, focus on procurement.
• High School diploma required. BA/BS degree strongly preferred
• Knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Negotiation training and ability
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• Minimum 5 years in automation tooling, or similar (custom-designed production systems strongly preferred)