|Controls Project Engineer- Powertrain Systems
Position has responsibility for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. Plans, schedules, leads, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, along with and customer standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation of the following:
• Project engineering schedules and forecasts.
• Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables.
• Monthly project status reports and change orders.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
• Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
• Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project customers.
• Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
• Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
• Participating in customer/contractor meetings and resolving customer/engineering and management project issues.
• Ensure effective engineering and customer communications
• Participate in Design Reviews at all levels; Proposal, Standards, Project, etc.
• Manage technical solutions to minimize costs while maintaining reliability
• Provide industry specific application knowledge and direction
• Develop requirement and design specifications
• Maintain Customer Specifications and Logging of Deviations
• Present product features and benefits to Customers
• Provide support for Product development and Support
• Provide both internal and external presentations on Technology and Applications
• Participate in the Controls Standards Committee by proposing new standards and changes to existing
• Develop tools and integration strategies to increase effectiveness and lower cost
• Investigate and suggest architecture and technology enhancements
• Assist in developing Controls specifications for projects
• Advanced training, knowledge, and awareness in Automated Systems and Robot Applications
• Functional knowledge of Robotics and/or Automation
• Functional experience working with engineering design projects and machine startup
• Functional experience with Auto-CAD
• Competence in hardware design involving control components:
• PLC’s Rockwell, Siemens, Telemecanique
• Rockwell Machine Edition, Siemens SIMATIC, Telemecanique Vijeo, Magelis,
• Torque control applications (Nutrunners and fastening systems)
• Conveyor transport, stops, rotates and trafficking control
• Power distribution and protection
• Familiar with US NEC, NFPA, Ford, GM and Chrysler specifications
• Familiar with Ford PTO Standards