|Entry level candidate would be ideal. Job will be heavy on data entry and directed daily by group supervisor.
The Buyer/Planner is a vital position in the $50MM annual R Customer Service. This position directly contributes to customer satisfaction, profitability, supplier relations, and various internal customer driven enhancements. The Buyer/Planner is responsible for purchasing and managing inventory, managing prime sourcing channels, engaging domestic and international suppliers, quickly resolving open issues, contributing to overall customer satisfaction, and is customer focused.
1. Manage and maintain inventory to ensure proper service level for best overall customer satisfaction.
2. Work with suppliers to improve position in the market by negotiating reduced lead times, reduced costs, and by maintaining positive and productive supplier-customer relationships.
3. Regularly exceed expectations of both internal and external customer’s by being creative, energetic, positive, and by meeting day-to-day challenges head on.
4. Develop process improvements and enhancements to improve daily activities, and to improve the way we do business.
5. Resolve urgent issues using problem solving, research, and negotiation skills.
Position is an individual contributor and part of the Spare Parts team working towards common department goals – responsiveness, accountability, integrity, efficiency, safety, and servicebb