Job Title: Light Industrial - Assembler 2
Job Description: General Statement of Position Scope:
Assemble and perform high voltage electrical/mechanical tests according to IEEE/ANSI standards, product drawings and
work instructions, on single and multi-phase high voltage solid dielectric vacuum switches and controls. Utilize high voltage
equipment, specialized and standardized tools. Interpret production drawings and work instructions, which include wire
schematics, outlines, BOM’s and wire diagrams. Utilize internal operating systems to access drawings and files.
Specific Responsibilities: (See Addendum of ADA Compliance requirements for the essential job functions.)
• Assemble and build high voltage solid dielectric switches and control panels, utilizing standardized tools and equipment.
• Ability to perform point to point wiring on control panels. Assemble devices on pre-drilled/tapped stainless steel panels
using drawings and schematics.
• Prepare wire terminations utilizing soldering and/or crimping techniques for terminal device terminations.
• Relay any discrepancies/non-conformance related issues to the responsible individual.
• Complete all documentation and follow specific work instructions as required.
• Must be able to work in a team environment while interfacing with team members that include product/manufacturing
engineering and other internal/external customers.
• Assist in training other associates as required.
• Must be willing to learn new processes and procedures.
• Maintain and sustain 5S processes and safety practices, including the use of PPEs as required.
• Handle hazardous waste form work area to accumulation site.
• Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
Skills: Skill set 2 / 3 – ability to read and interpret schematics, drawing, BOMS, parts
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Competencies: Energetic & positive attitude
Organized, dependable, flexible, detail-oriented
Physical Requirements: 8+ Hours of Standing, Walking, Reaching, Pulling