|Functions / Main Responsibilities:
• Source code development in C, C#, C++, and other programming languages
• Implementation of analytic algorithms for forecasting asset health and preventive maintenance of transformers.
• Documentation of new development efforts.
• Escalate issues to the appropriate project or department manager as needed.
• Minimize exposure and risks on projects and implement risk mitigation when required.
• Monitors and reports project costs and progress on a periodic basis.
• Assumes overall project ownership and responsibility
• Participate in, and assist team members with a variety of more complex engineering activities.
• Global collaboration with scientists in Corporate Research Centers (CRC), Technology Managers and Engineers from the various PGs of the Transformer BU.
• Follows execution practices in accordance with standard internal directives, Gate Process and procedures.
• Ability to interact with the Digital team, Transformer Service, management, developer engineers and end users in a local organization;
• Problem-solving and results oriented;
• Accepts positive change and communicates outcomes and benefits to the parties;
• Creative and determinate in solving existing and potential problems during implementation and operations;
• Capable of clearly organizing and presenting ideas and plans to management and peers alike.
• Self-driven and autonomous. Must be assertive and efficient with a self-motivated work ethic.
University Degree(s): Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years related experience in C++, C# and other .NET languages as well as experience in SQL, Oracle or other relational databases-OR- Master’s degree in computer science or related discipline with a minimum of three (3) years related experience in C++, C# and other .NET languages as well as experience in SQL, Oracle or other relational databases
Knowledge in Transformer/Power Industry (Highly requested)
Knowledge in Machine Learning
Knowledge in Power Products or Transformers
Knowledge in Cyber Security
Knowledge in GUI development
Can work in Linux and Windows Server operating system environments
Ability to convert complex mathematical algorithms to C# code.
Good command of oral and written English language skills