|Design Engineering encompasses the design and analysis of parts, components, assemblies, subassemblies and systems, and the production of associated drawings and instructions.
Follow specific instructions of supervisor or senior engineers to perform the less complex professional assignments requiring application of standard engineering principles and practices. Use computers and selected programs for such matters as preparing reports and conducting analyses.
Typical duties/responsibilities for engineering may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Perform the less complex engineering assignments associated with various engineering activities. Monitor progress, comply with quality and schedule requirements, and maintain detailed logs and records.
Use computer programs to perform various engineering operations, conduct analyses and provide related data and information. Compile and assimilate data from various sources, conduct relatively routine operations and tests, prepare reports and develop graphics for presentations.
Troubleshoot and resolve routine problems and assist in resolving more complex issues.
Complexity of Tasks: Assignments require application of standard engineering concepts, familiarization with related computer programs, and general understanding of the group's operations in order to provide effective engineering support. Requires ability to communicate effectively and resolve routine problems.
PREFERRED JOB EXPERIENCE:
• Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories and/or methods.
• Support and perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test, prototypes, manufacturing and implement).
• Identify, formulate and produce effective engineering solutions to emerging problems.
• Highly committed to work and detail orientated.
• Integration planning of and third party equipment into deliverable customer solutions on a case by case basis, from concept through delivery, and providing technical support throughout execution phase for projects.
• Demonstrate a medium level of using CAD system e.g., SolidWorks is preferred.
• Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
• Experience Product Life Cycle management system i.e. Wind-Chill is preferred.
• Follow Product Design Engineer instructions and markups to complete the required task on a timely manner
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field and up to 2 years of experience; alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.