The Operations Manager is directly responsible for managing, overseeing and coordinating all day to day operations of our facility. These duties include managing Fabrication, Engineering, Customer Service, Project Management, Inventory and Production. This position will partner with other location Operations Managers to ensure consistency and efficiency across the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise day-to-day Michigan operations to ensure the meeting of revenue and profit goals.Ensure that all groups meet their performance expectations and work within their budgetary constraints.
- Provide Vice President of Operations and CEO with short-term and long-range strategies, plans, and budgets based on corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Review ongoing performance results to targets and activity reports to measure productivity and identify areas needing cost reduction or process improvement.Ensure that all reports are accurate and up to date.
- Effectively communicate goals to the Michigan team and communicate with the wider organization when necessary.
- Partner with Vice President of Operations to coordinate financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Assist in establishing and implementing branch policies, goals, objectives and procedures that will maximize revenue and increase efficiency.
- Increase the branch's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance and new product development.
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Review and support engineering and sales to oversee design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and market growth.
- Review operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets.
- Proactively communicate with and seek feedback from customers and utilize Customer Service Survey to improve customer satisfaction.
- Assist in monitoring safety procedures of facility.
- Other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary.
- Five years' manufacturing experience
- Three to five years previous operations management experience
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related management field or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities
- Leadership Orientation- Actively seeks ways in which to act as a role model, guide, develop and mentor others
- Initiative- Engages in proactive behavior and ability to take action with minimum direction
- Adaptability- Responds effectively to changes
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Six Sigma experience
- Industrial distribution experience
- Inventory management experience
- Product knowledge
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with a covered disability to perform the essential functions of the position as long as an undue hardship is not imposed.
This position offers a Full Benefits Package including: 401k with employer contribution, personal time off, holiday pay, health and dental insurance, company paid life, short and long-term disability insurance.