Basic Function: Will produce mechanical detail drawings using computer aided drafting software.
Consult with designers, engineers to ensure accuracy.
Use 2D and 3D drawings produced by designers in order to create detail drawings.
Working knowledge of GD&T
Maintain drawing files and records.
Typical duties/responsibilities for engineering may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Under general supervision of Lead Engineers and with considerable latitude for independent contribution, you will support the design needs of various Customer Specific as well as Commercial products. In this position you will:
- Use rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Create and update designs and subsequent drawing packages for fabrication drawings, fixtures designs, and BOM input to Document Control.
- Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, interchangeability, availability of materials, tooling and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability and serviceability.
- Gather and analyze design information, make studies and perform research regarding materials or parts needed for design using applicable handbook data and good working knowledge of available catalog and standard parts and components.
- Collaborate with production to solve manufacturing issues and problems.
- Interface closely with employees, customers and vendors, and may be called on to give guidance or direction to other designers.
- Create System layouts and Final documentation for customer deliverable.
Complexity of Tasks: Requires a knowledge of specific engineering discipline plus an understanding of related disciplines to coordinate activities, analyze and resolve problems crossing disciplines and to develop new concepts for programs. Technical input, recommendations and decisions may impact the organization's effectiveness and customer relations. Requires ability to interface effectively with internal customers.
Work type: Primary group of components work will be done on are:
- Engine Assembly
- Cylinder Head Assembly
- Axle Assembly
Typical equipment expected to be familiar with:
Designs can be fully automated machines, robot cells, Semi-automated machines or Manual work areas.
- Electro-mechanical press station
- Nutrunner station to torque bolts to various parts for engine, axles, transmissions
- Manual operator station using hand tools, lift assists, hand held spindles
- EOAT (End-of Arm Tools) for robots for a variety of different applications
- Gage Station to measure parts using Solatron probes
- Machine layouts
- Assembly line plant layouts
- Station layouts
- Robotic Cell layouts
- Material handling tools and layouts