Senior Cyber Security Consultant
Job Title: Engineering - Senior Cyber Security Consultant
Job Description: Role objective:
Responsible to drive the overall NIST Compliance program in and ensuring that NIST requirements are well understood in business and IS. Responsible to drive overall methodology to achieve the refined Security System Plan and refined Plan of action and milestones. Also, achieving compliance to all applicable DFARs clauses before the end of 2018.
1. Solid understanding of the Department of Défense (DoD) Risk Management Framework (RMF) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines as well as DFARS clauses compliance requirements as applied to manufacturing, projects (including) services business operating / dealing with US Military, DoD and any other federal agency
2. Plan the lifecycle of multiple RMF, tasks and activities based on the compliance requirements of DoD and NIST controls
3. Capability to understand application landscape and NIST controls requirements of and ability to guide application owners / managers to understand the requirements, assess compliance and lead the improvements as may be required.
4. Conduct internal security assessments with business team, local and global IS teams and coach project manager to produce the reports and communicate the results and findings to respective teams.
5. Recommend process improvements based upon feedback to IS & business team in an appropriate language and prioritize them for remediation of Cybersecurity weaknesses
6. Define and operationalize program metrics
7. Refine System Security Plan (SSP) and Plan of Action & Milestone (POA&M) process and implementation strategy and agree the action, responsibility and time frame.
8. Provide RMF process training to new IS colleagues and business teams.
9. Communicate with IS & business leadership to drive
10. Keep up-to-date with emerging security threats as well as industry standards and best practices applicable to medical devices, and apply new knowledge to reduce risk.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field. BS in Marketing, Management, or Computer Science a plus. MBA or similar advanced degree a plus.
• 7+ years of experience with RMF and NIST package development, maintenance, collaboration, to include obtaining DoD Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and an Authority to Operate (ATO).
• Solid knowledge of project management accompanied by a general knowledge of NIST SP 800-53, SP 800-37, ISO/IEC 27001, OWASP, SEI CERT Standards.
• 5+ years of experience in system architecture understanding risk, mitigation, and remediation.
• 5+ years of experience in core project management practices (project estimating, planning/scheduling, and risk management).
• Experience leading cross-functional teams (e.g., sales, R&D, engineering, and services) required.
• Excellent organization skills and business management skills, to include communication, negotiation, motivation, persuasion, and leadership.
• Any DoD 8570 approved baseline certifications (e.g. CISSP, CEH, CAP, CISM). In addition, a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
• Willingness to drive and thrive in high pressure environment and willing to provide customer support as needed.