Senior Design Drafter Job Description
Primary Function -
Prepare complete documentation packages including all drawings for Relay Protection and
Control Panel systems. Systems containing microprocessor, solid state, electro/mechanical
relays and associated typical equipment. Drawings and documents prepared with lead direction
of Electrical Design Engineers, Drafting Supervisor, and/or Design Drafting Coordinator.
1. Prepare complex electrical schematics, panel arrangement layouts, electrical wiring
diagrams, detail drawings, punch details and all related documentation.
2. Proficient with Cad software applications requirements - MicroStation V8i, Bentley
Substation, AutoCad R2010 or higher. Optional - Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks 2007 version or
3. Drawings designed under the direction of project engineer, drafting supervisor, and/or
drafting coordinator, per project specifications. Such drawings might include but are not
• Single and three line AC schematics
• AC & DC elementary diagrams
• Switchboard panel assembly layouts
• Wiring diagrams – device point to point termination configuration
• Equipment mounting plates, drill plan details, and assemblies
• Bill of Materials, Circuit Schedules, Wire label lists, Nameplate schedules
4. Prepare layout drawing of panel assemblies, apply critical dimensions to create new or
modify existing designs.
5. Prepare project documentation and drawings per department cad standards and procedures.
6. Check own work for accuracy as required.
7. Organized and detailed with project development and coordination.
8. Perform as lead for individual projects; provide document status updates to drafting
9. Provide training to new drafting team members.
10. Perform drafting check of others for accuracy.
11. Assist with preparation of drafting process checklists and standards.
12. Performs job function requiring minimal direction.
Education Requirements -
Two years of related technical college or vocational training in principles of electricity,
electronics and electrical drafting, or core drafting courses and significant work experience in
Formal training or equivalent work experience in the use of Computer Aided Drafting
equipment is required.
Experience Requirements -
Cad drafting experience requires a minimum of five years AutoCad 2010 or higher/
MicroStation V8i cad software, two years Bentley Substation cad software. Require
knowledge of electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and mechanical detail/assembly
drawings. Additional skills to include Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Word.