ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Ensures that RFQ’s are processed accurately, completely and on time
a. Review assigned RFQs for Product, Delivery, Price and Terms requirements.
b. Determine planned cycle time for quote and establish expected quote date upon preliminary review (triage)
c. Coordinate basic and complex RFQs by assigning Action Items to Engineering, Quality, Legal, Factory/Feeder Factory, Finance, Product Manager, Billing, Shipping to provide required information
d. Follow-up on assigned actions to ensure timely and accurate response.
e. Develop Quote response for basic and complex quotes with information supplied
f. Work with Product Managers, as required, to request specific information in selecting the most appropriate product solution.
g. Works with Regional Sales Management team along with the Sales Channel Partner to develop solutions
h. Ensures that quotes contain all the necessary information to enter a sales order.
i. Ensure “Project” quotes are linked to an existing Project Pursuit.
2. Acquire Product knowledge required to effectively and efficiently respond to current and future Requests for Quote.
a. Attend all planned product training courses to acquire needed training
b. Request and schedule needed training from product managers
c. Work hand in hand with Product Managers to understand specific quote responses and apply that knowledge to future similar RFQs
3. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Completes miscellaneous functions and special projects as assigned.
b. Ensures that work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
c. Stays informed of changes in all customer service processes as well as related manufacturing & sales processes and Channel Partner assignments.
1. Functional areas of responsibility are completed accurately, timely, and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
2. Professional business relations exist with Sales Channel Partners. Questions, problems, and information needs are resolved courteously, effectively, and promptly. Assistance is provided as required.
3. Required documentation, records, reports, and files are complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
4. Effective working relations and coordination exist with Company personnel. Information is obtained and conveyed as needed.
5. Management is informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field or a commensurate level of experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of Company products.
Knowledge of Instrumentation and Process Control technologies
Knowledge of company processes specifically Quote Processing & Order Processing.
Familiarity with Sales Channel and Customer pricing agreements.
Knowledge of Systems; including SAP, Quote Tool, Project Tool, Order Tool.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least two to four years of years of technical or Inside Sales experience.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent communication and public relations abilities.
Service orientation and sincere willingness to assist others.
Organization and coordination skills to ensure all Quotes are tracked and managed
Ability to involve and influence others to participate in the process.
Experience with MS office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)