Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. Prepares test and diagnostic software packages, designs test fixtures and equipment for production level functional testing, and completes specifications and procedures for new products. Persons employed in this position are responsible for but not limited to supplying comprehensive test engineering support for research and development and production programs to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Design Production Test Solutions for new products.
- Designing, writing and supporting Test Software to automate production test equipment.
- Provide Documentation involving design, requirements, and operator instructions
- Support production requirements as required
- Write various applications supporting product rework
- Manage and support sub contract manufacturer
- Produce suitable jigs design documents from product requirements specifications, and effectively communicate those designs to colleagues and managers.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design to meet customer needs for finished products.
- Travel to production plants to implement solutions as needed.
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work under direct supervision
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps
- Possess some limited knowledge of new product development processes and work flow
- Possess a working knowledge of some SBU product lines
- 5 years of experience in developing applications in C# and strong Object Oriented Code experience is required.
- Experience in creating production End of Line test Equipment preferred.
- Experience with National Instruments Data Acquisition hardware (DAQ) preferred.
- Basic understanding of PLCs and Automation (pneumatic controls, integration etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of RF, experience with Network Analyzers / Vector Network Analyzers is a plus.
Education & Experience Request
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering , or Software Engineering (or other relevant field) is required.
- At least 5 years of experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP), preferably with C#, is required.
- Architect level experience is strongly preferred.