Account Manager - Ford
Support development and implementation of strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
• Support/perform sales forecasting activities
• Reviews market analyses to determine upcoming customer needs
• Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product, as required
• Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with appropriate department representatives.
• Meet with key clients to maintain and enhance relationships
• Negotiate sales offers with our customers
• Pursue, quote, negotiate, and acquire new business which contributes to the growth of the company
• Coordinates and liaison between sales department and other departments.
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
• Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
• Manage commercial and customer issues
• Negotiate and minimize cost savings provided to customer
• Coordinate and/or resolve commercial and engineering change issues on existing programs
• Work with customers to determine their expectations and assure that target deadlines are met
• Participate in cost reduction reviews both internally and with the customer
• Track profitability and payments for changes
• Develop and complete gap analysis with customer Purchasing departments and negotiate to minimize cost reductions
• Negotiate and recover cancellation claims
• Collect past due invoices for open accounts
• Work extensively with customer systems (ie: Covisint, Ford WERS, etc)
• Familiarity with customer process and procedures regarding payment for prototypes, production parts, and tooling
• Evaluate internal quote information in order to develop and submit a competitive profitable response to our customers Purchasing department
• Review annual long term purchasing reductions and affect on programs
• Responsible for tracking profitability of programs
• Responsible to complete and follow up on internal paperwork (gate 0, 1, and 2, approvals, budget tasks, etc.)