Our customer is Orion, MI is seeking to hire a Design Engineer for their team. This is a direct hire opportunity.
JOB TITLE: Design Engineer
Special Hazard Fire Suppression Systems Design Engineer
Engineering Department – Reports to engineering supervisor and the management team
Based in Orion, MI – Occasional travel may be required for job site visits, locally as well as out of town
Full time position per attached – No overtime but performance as required to meet customer delivery
Employment agreement required.
1. Prepare construction drawings for approval on AutoCAD including design and engineering for the
various types of special hazard fire detection and fire suppression systems. Plans to include fire
suppression system piping designs and fire detection electrical designs.
2. Perform on site surveys for exact locations of systems devices including discharge piping with
nozzles and locations of fire detection system devices.
3. Submit plans and specifications of the systems design to local authorities having jurisdiction,
insurance, contractors and end users for approvals.
4. Prepare material and packing lists to facilitate inventory management of job materials.
5. Manage the approval process, attend meetings, schedule the delivery, and inform installing
contractors of the scope of work.
6. Provide direct communication with customer contractors, end users, our subs and in‐house
planning to complete the project on time and within budget.
7. Provide as built drawings for our use, customer use and submit manuals with close out
documents for the project.
8. Continue NICET certification process to obtain at least a level II in Fire Suppression and Fire
9. Attend in house production meetings every two weeks to plan and discuss project status.
10. Perform all responsibilities in a timely manner. Retain team partnership skills; attitude,
cooperation, energy and a willingness to learn.