Job Title: Discrete Event Simulation Engineer
Estimate process capability and improve its efficiency by utilizing discrete event simulations techniques in conjunction with reliability and down time models of tooling/equipment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Meet with project engineers and managers to
~ understand customer requirements
~ get process description and data
~ tooling reliability models to estimate tooling downtime for use in the analysis
~ discrete event process models to simulate the process flow and the stochastic nature of equipment down time
• Run simulation models and use statistical sampling techniques to estimate process throughput.
• Employ DOE techniques or iterative simulations to identify significant factors and bottle-necks that influence process performance
• Present the study to management and customers and suggest means to improve efficiency and/or achieve process targets.
• Ensure the process analysis is communicated in an effective manner so that its recommendations are accounted in the simultaneous engineering of the process.
• Employ the feed-back received for continuous refinement of the process model as part of simultaneous engineering.
• Be willing for occasional short/extended travel to customer sites.
• Understand and follow safety & environmental regulations and identify safety/environmental concerns.
• Adhere to the Quality System and participate in continuous improvement