Test Engineer - Software
Test Engineer opportunity
Our customer in the Grand Blanc area is seeking a direct hire Test Engineer to join their team.
Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting
systems and equipment. Prepares test and diagnostic software, designs test fixtures and
equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products. Plans the equipment
required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Persons employed in this
position are responsible for but not limited to supplying comprehensive test engineering support
for research and development and production programs to ensure total customer satisfaction.
· Design Test Solutions for new products.
· Help designing of suitable jigs in a mechanical capacity.
· Schematic Design for interface and controls inside jigs
· Designing, writing and supporting Test Software to automate production, validation, and
· Provide Documentation involving design, requirements, and operator instructions
· Support production requirements
· Write various applications supporting product rework
· Produce suitable jigs design documents from product requirements specifications, and
effectively communicate those designs to colleagues and managers.
· Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
· Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the
design to meet customer needs for finished products.
· Ability to travel internationally to support project support. 10% Travel internationally
· Work after hours, or weekends to support product manufacturing facilities
· Excellent communication skills either written or verbal
· Excellent at working alone, or in a group
· Dedicated to solving problems as they occur
· Professional Experience writing Object Oriented software in C#, VB.NET, C++ is
· Knowledge of PC data acquisition systems is required.
· Knowledge of RF Systems is required.
· Knowledge of GPS systems, NMEA protocol is preferred.
· Experience with CAN, RS232, RS485, UART is preferred.
· Understanding of Relational Databases / SQL.
· Basic understanding of electronics is required.
· Experience in scripting languages such as Python.
· Usage of a Vector Network Analyzer is preferred
· MUST have experience with one of the options below:
o C# programming and writing/designing software for National Instruments and/or
LabVIEW test applications.
o C# programming experience and a strong Electrical Engineering background,
including PCB level debugging, PLC programming, and manufacturing support.
o Complex programming in an Object Oriented Language, and C# knowledge.
Education & Experience Requested
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or similar.
- 2-5 years experience preferred