As the Controls Engineer, you will be directly responsible for design of sequencing, safety circuitry and graphic interfaces. The Controls Engineer will work with cross functional groups as well as support other engineering groups to ensure projects are completed on schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of Electrical hardware circuits. Directing CAD operators with respect to Electrical Hardware design.
- Design of PLC Software programs and development HMI screens to customer specifications. Needs to be familiar with Allen Bradley, Siemens and other PLC operating systems.
- Work alongside mechanical Engineers and Designers in order to create an industrial machine control systems.
- Conduct the peripheral device programming and machine PLC programming.
- Supervise and coordinate and the machine debug, power up, and machine validation with mechanical build and electrical teams.
- Set up and configure communication networks but not limited to device net, Ethernet and remote I/O
- Commission and validation systems at the customer’s location.
- Must be able to Travel throughout North America (including Mexico & Canada) to customers' locations. Travel to customers' location may take up to 40% of the time.
- Follow all company safety and quality policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical degree in an electrical related field or equivalent experience (at least 5 years)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to trave up tol 40% of time
- Valid driver’s license & Passport
- Proficiency with Rockwell Automation (PLC5, SLC500, Control Logix, Device net, Ethernet, RsView ME Station, Powerflex) and Siemens (WinCc and TiPortal) equipment
In addition to competitive compensation, this position comes with a Full Benefits Package including: 401k with employer contribution, quarterly profit-sharing bonuses, personal time off, holiday pay, health and dental insurance, company paid life, short and long term disability insurance.