The Application Engineer is directly responsible for enhancing process capabilities in providing a total systems solution for our end users applications. Will use knowledge, experience, and skills to provide technical support. Will apply Product knowledge of pumps and processes to provide application solution to improve our Customer’s profitability. This role works closely with our engineering team, project management team as well as with our inside and outside sales team and directly with our Customers to formulate timely and accurate proposals for process solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish fluid fill systems project costs for mechanical, electrical and fluid power during quotation phase by working with engineering department
• Understanding the relationship between pumps, motors, valves, filters, controls and other complementary equipment to develop a complete equipment package
• Establish, manage and update project costing tables.
• Support Sales and Project Management on integrating and updating quotations.
• Support Sales and Project Management on estimating design change cost impact.
• Track project cost by establishing a cost matrix per Fluid Fill System project and keep it up to date.
• Inform to all involved when costs are tracking different than what was established in the quotation phase.
• Establish a regular cost benchmarking activity to compare labor and material cost in different region.
• Establish a regular benchmarking activity to review competitor’s solutions
• Design and application of centrifugal and positive displacement pump technologies
• Provide solutions to customer applications
• Create pump “skids” for end users, utilizing existing layouts or creating your own
• Work with the outside sales team to provide timely quotes
• Responsiveness to customers needs even when limited information is being provided
• Coordinate projects and customer follow up.
• Formulate bid quotes using existing templates to maximize effectiveness
• Promote a team approach between engineering, outside and inside sales
• Problem solving / root cause analysis
• Establish personal rapport with potential and current customers
• Work collaboratively to provide engineered solutions for process improvements
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, vendor training, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
• Provide process expertise to assure quality and added value to our customers
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
• 3-5 years’ experience
• Experience and/or comfort level working with customers
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Articulate communication skills; written and presentation
• Problem solving and Systems development
• Product knowledge; Industrial pump experience