Manufacturing engineering includes development and application of various processes and utilization of specialized equipment to efficiently accomplish such objectives as fabrication, production, modification or repair of Company products. Under general guidance of supervisor or more experienced engineer, perform various engineering duties requiring the exercise of judgment and application of standard engineering principles and practices. Pursue initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer satisfaction.
Typical duties/responsibilities for engineering may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform various engineering tasks involving such functions as analysis, design, development, test, installation and service, while working from instructions, drawings, proposals, specifications, and other pertinent information.
- Prepare specifications and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and general instructions. Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, documents and reports.
- Consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application, and recommend revisions, as appropriate.
- Plan, conduct or coordinate relatively straight-forward engineering analyses and tests, and prepare related reports and summaries, for review.
- Participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
Complexity of Tasks
Duties require thorough understanding of standard engineering theories, concepts, principles and techniques. Work is subject to general overview to ensure quality.
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field and 2 to 5 years of experience; alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
7:00am-3:30pm or 8:00am-4:30pm (M-F)