We currently have a full-time controls engineer position available. In addition to competitive pay, the position also offers a benefits package and advancement opportunities. This position allows you to work from home or come into the office full or part time.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing commissioning support to design and integrate controls software engineering for assigned projects and program PLC's as required.
- Executing software product design and commissioning of software machine functionality.
- Developing and integrating programming strategies and software design from functional specifications.
- Carrying out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements, and project specifications.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverable.
- Accountable for the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Manage technical solutions to minimize costs while maintaining reliability.
- Provide industry specific application knowledge and direction.
- Develop requirement and design specifications.
- Maintain Customer Specifications and Logging of Deviations.
- Hands on Hardware/Software designs, from beginning to completion.
- Travel as required to customer’s site to ensure Project success and completion.
- Programming experience with the following: Allen Bradley or Siemens.
- At least an Associate's Degree and/or a minimum of 4 years' work experience required.
- Experience must include programming and commissioning of PLCs. Candidates who are able to develop PLC logic from scratch are highly desirable.
- Ability to travel to local and overnight destinations 40% of the time.
- Software: RS Logix, Guard Logix, Studio 5000 Factory Talk, RS Links, Siemens Step 7
- Hardware: AutoCAD, EPlan