The GBS Front Office Project Management Office is looking for a temporary project manager to support a current major HR initiative. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining project plans, tracking progress and status, overseeing and coordinating project teams, reporting on deliverables, and collaborating with global internal / external resources. The role has the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project for the US. Additionally, the role will be part of a global project team and develops communication, testing, and change management plans. Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects. Maintains and facilitates project portfolio metrics and reports to stakeholders as needed to support implementations. The roles works across HR, IT and the business to share best practices and facilitate lessons learned. In addition, the role sets milestones and effectively coordinates activities to deliver on objectives.
• Serve as US HR project manager overseeing day project transactions according to defined duration.
• Manage project according to project lifecycle and approved methodology.
• Manage day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of project.
• Develops change management and communication management plans with HR community, PMO and oversees implementation as it relates to the project.
• Create and implement test plans as needed to support implementations.
• Manages scopes and mitigates risk to support project objectives and deliverables.
• Document and collect business requirements and other supporting project documentation.
• Collaborate with global PMO on project initiatives, deliverables and deadlines.
• Lead and guide the team members about every aspect of the project so the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently.
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to management and peers.
• Provide key project status reports to steering committees, stakeholders and project teams.
• Assists in the evaluation and redesign of technical and process solutions in HR systems.
• Partner with other managers, HRBPs, and key stakeholders regarding project implementations.
• Attend weekly Americas LE meeting and provide US HR updates, raise issues, cascade Global JVMO updates to US HR team, etc.
• Attend weekly Global Info to Americas & Europe meeting and cascade information to US HR team
• Attend weekly project Country Status Americas meeting and provide updates on US HR progress, raise issues, etc.
• Update Global HR workplan on SharePoint – reviewed by JVMO weekly
• Lead US HR workstream weekly Pulse Checks – providing information from Global and Americas meetings, collecting issues/questions to be escalated, ensuring US HR workplan activities are moving as expected
• Collect and consolidate US HR workplan updates – transfer updates to the Global workplan as applicable
• Escalate US HR questions/concerns to global PMO
• Champion core values and LEAN initiatives
• No direct reports
• Change management champion•
Challenges: (Used only for internal purposes - area should not be posted within the job description)
• Regulatory constraints
• Complex Terms and Conditions
• Multiple locations
• Influencing BU performance without having direct authority over BU
• Overcoming market challenges in competitive environment
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree (in HR, Business Administration, Finance, Legal or similar)
• Master’s Degree and/or PMP certification preferred.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of project management experience in Human Resources.
• Must have experience with HRIS systems (cloud based solutions a plus).
• Experience in a shared services environment is preferred.
• Knowledge of HR practices, laws, policies and procedures. SCP, CP, SPHR or PHR a plus
• Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills
• Proficiency with technology programs and platforms - specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Email, Outlook Calendar and LinkedIn
• Ability to appropriately prioritize work
• Strong detail orientation and time management skills
• Professional demeanor and strong communication style