Activities include a leading role in project management for order fulfillment related to Automotive Powertrain Assembly and/or Test Equipment.
Project Managers need to successfully execute projects. The Project Manager is responsible for the scheduling, budgeting, and issue resolution duties from project inception through launch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work experience and education
- Compliance with company, legal, and regulatory requirements for Health, Safety, and Environmental topics in order to foster a culture of Health & Safety.
- Ensure the customer contract is fulfilled by the equipment and services delivered.
- Investigates project parameters, analyses the project scope, develops project specifications, and defines the approach to the project including schedule.
- Provides technical direction of machine or system design.
- Procurement and tracking of customer engineering and consignment parts.
- Coordinate, attend, or lead project meetings. Includes meetings with the customer and supplier. Keeps records and minutes of meetings within the procedure of the company.
- Responsible for integration of contract changes within the procedure of the company.
- Maintain design and build specification.
- Analyze and coordinate the release of project estimates and budgets. Track project execution activity.
- Maintain project plans and monitor internal schedule against master schedule/customer requirements.
- Execute corrective actions for buffer recovery.
- Coordinate issue resolution and maintain open issue log. Monitor to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Facilitate cross-functional problem solving and issue resolution with project team.
- Facilitate customer design approvals and act as the primary contact for customer contractual and technical issues.
- Coordinate and facilitate runoff/product demonstration activity; includes internal, vendor, customer, and final run off.
- Provide feedback on customer complaints.
- Coordinate with equipment suppliers, which includes reviewing integration requirements, buy off and, invoice approval. Initiate invoice and shipping activity.
- Participate in review of quotations developed by the Proposal Department.
- Complete weekly project review status sheets.
- Complete monthly cost-to-complete process.
- Develop technical descriptions and estimates for project OCR/MERCs.
- 5 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Powertrain assembly knowledge (engines, transmission, axles)
- Experienced PM – we really need someone who can hit the ground running, background in design of assembly tooling/processes.
- Able to travel to customer sites - Travel required- 50%
Intended start date:
- Planning and organizational skills – A lot of concurrent projects in motion
- Quoting experience (powertrain)
- Timeliness and attendance
Monday, December 2nd
Candidate selection process
Prescreening questions we would like answered along with the resume submission
- Resume review by HR
- In-person interview with hiring manager
- Current situation/reason for applying for the role
- Experience with managing project schedules and budgets (i.e. what were the project timelines and delivery schedules; project scope, financial value, project phases, etc.). Provide an example of a recent project.
- Describe the size/structure of the project team at your previous employer.
- What was your level of customer interaction? What customer-based do you have experience working with?