Pay Rate: Max $20-24.00/hr
Temp to hire (based on performance)?: Yes; we are looking for someone to train in ABB-specific equipment and processes and have a long career with us.
Responsible for the repair of turbochargers and their components. The role is expected to be conducted with a high degree of quality to ensure that the company is represented professionally, ethically, with high code of conduct.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Disassemble, clean, and re-assemble turbocharger engines and components under the supervision of a more experienced service technician.
- Clean turbocharger and turbocharger components to ABB Standards using wet and dry cleaning processes, ensuring the integrity of the components material and dimension.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency when operating rotating machinery, such as balancing machines, lathes, drills, boring machines correctly and in a safe manner, working with close tolerances.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of turbocharger and engine principles following position-specific instruction.
- Ensure that the workshop machines are clean and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions with records of inspections and work performed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous build/maintenance experience with diesel engines; up to five years of experience is preferred. Formal technical training may be accepted in lieu of relevant experience.
- Proficient with hand and measurement tools related to the trade
- Able operate a forklift
- Able to understand engineering drawings or technical manuals, operate/use (micrometers, buniers, etc.)
- Exhibits reliable and trustworthy behavior.
7:30-4:00pm (M-F), some overtime may be requested (before or after hours or on Saturdays) based on business needs.