The Project Engineer reviews sketches/designs, and is responsible for system processes per assigned project. The objective is to design systems that perform effectively and are cost efficient. Must understand customer design and build specifications.
We are looking for a candidate with three to five years related experience in automotive manufacturing (GM experience required).
The ideal candidate is an experienced Project Engineer with GM experience
in General Assembly, specifically in Chassis build up and assembly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Project Manager in organizing and supervising/monitoring all engineering activities.
- Schedule and facilitate a detailed equipment concept and proposal review meeting with team members from Advance Processing, Mechanical and Controls Engineering.
- Create, review and track process deliverables. Schedule and facilitate internal reviews and customer reviews.
- Review layouts and designs with Design Vendors/Engineering Department. Coordinate meetings with the design groups and representatives of any other departments, as the need arises.
- Schedule and facilitate formal design review meetings between the customer's representatives and project team.
- Support the Manufacturing kick off meeting and advise Manufacturing of any customer considerations, requests, and specifications.
- Monitor the release of all drawings through the business system
- Fields telephone calls from build suppliers and shop personnel regarding engineering and associated issues.
- Ensures all As Built and Non- Conformances are updated on drawings as supplied by Build Supervisors and Site Supervisors.
- Files and maintains all component information and drawings per assigned project.
- Schedule and review FMEA’s/ERGO's at rough sketch and forty percent design completion phases when required.
- Ensures designs are cost effective.
- Monitors and reports all engineering progress to the Project Manager.
- Reviews Controls Line-ups to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collects all information generated by an Engineering Change to determine project impact and support cost negotiations as required.
- Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns.
- Adheres to the Quality System and participates in continuous improvement.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and/or three to five years related experience in specific business segment (BIW, Chassis/Glass, Special Welding, etc.); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Competence in controls engineering and mechanical design knowledge as it relates to the following: force analysis, standardization, processing, CAD, cause and effects, R&M, SPC and FMEA.