We currently have a full-time, SECOND SHIFT, CMM-SPC tech position available with our company. The position is located in the Novi area and offers competitive pay, benefits, and advancement opportunities.
CMM - Programs and Operates Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) in support of QA, PD and ME departments by interpreting requestor's measurement needs. Utilizes blueprints, CAD, sketches, etc. to accomplish programming and generates reports from measurement data. Utilizes other metrology tools as required.
SPC - Operates dedicated Latch and Module Travel and Efforts measuring equipment. Reviews and interprets data for conformance to specification and trends. Maintains findings and reports negative trends/patterns to QA and Production Managers. Also assists in the data collection and calculation for Capability and Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies. Further supports other processes requiring Statistical Process Control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programs and operates Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Assists in Problem Solving through the use of measurement data
- Completes dimensional layout reports for internal customers as well as external customers as required (PPAP) Utilizes other metrology tools, both electronic and surface plate measurement devices
- Performs dimensional verification of suppliers PPAP samples
- When appropriate interacts with customers on dimensional quality issues Performs light maintenance on CMM fixtures and test equipment Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Performs Travel and Efforts measurements on Latches and Modules using dedicated Fixtures and Equipment
- Analyzes data for conformance to specifications, violations of SPC rules, negative trends, etc. Performs light maintenance on SPC fixtures and test equipment
- Collects data and inputs into statistical software for capability analysis of components
- Collects data and inputs into statistical software for Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies
- Interprets results (PP, PPK, CP, CPK, etc.) for capability studies
- Assists in the inspection of components in production process to assess conformance to specifications
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of ISO 14001, TS 16949 current level training.
- Automotive components supplier experience preferred
- Associate's Degree in QA or Engineering preferred
- Excellent Blueprint Reading skills (CMM Function))
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills Proficient computer skills
- Good Organizational Skills
- Knowledge of SPC, Process Flows, PPAP Requirements and FMEAs preferred (SPC Function)
- At least 2 years’ experience in programming/Operating CMM
- At least 1 year experience working with PC-DMIS
- At least 1 year experience in field of SPC
- Experience w/ Microsoft Office, Minitab, PC-DMIS VER 2010 MR3 Rel. (CMM)