The Application Engineering / Customer Servce Manager is directly responsible for managing, overseeing and coordinating of all day-to-day distribution activities, customer service and engineering operations. These duties include managing Customer Service Representatives and Application Engineers. This position will partner with the other managers in the branch to jointly lead all activities efficiently and effectively. This position will also partner with other locations Operations/Customer Service Managers to ensure consistency and efficiency across the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise day-to-day Michigan customer service and engineering operations to ensure the meeting of revenue and profit goals. Ensure that all groups meet their performance expectations and work within their budgetary constraints.
- Develop a strong relationship with our top customers to create a platform for an open dialog of communication.
- Assist Customer Service Representatives and Application Engineers in their daily activities to meet customers deadlines.
- Learn the basics and the application of all of our products so support can be provided to direct reports.
- Process orders and quotes as necessary to assist in timeliness.
- Work with Director of Engineering, Program Manager, and Warehouse Manager to determine proper fluid fill spare parts part numbers and process quote to customer.
- Oversee and ensure all invoicing is carried out each month at the branch.
- Assist VP Operations in the development of short term and long-range strategies, plans, and budgets based on corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Review ongoing performance results to targets, activity reports to measure productivity and identify areas needing cost reduction or process improvement. Ensure that all reports are accurate and up to date.
- Assist in establishing and implementing departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures that will maximize revenue and increase efficiency.
- Partner with VP Operations to coordinate financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Coach and develop staff to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- Identify and recommend development plans for Customer Service Representatives and Application Engineers in the branch.
- Partner with Warehouse Manager to manage the movement of goods into the production facility to ensure efficiency and effective use of resources and space and maintain a safe work environment in operations.
- Work with Materials Manager on inventory and slow-moving inventory contests, returns, and improvement opportunities.
- Partner with the Sales Manager and Business Developer to support each other’s teams, strategic opportunities, and working through day-to-day challenges to achieve the overall goals and objectives.
- Partner with Operations/Customer Service Managers from the other branches to develop and implement operations strategies to improve execution, provide additional value to customers in a cost-effective manner, and implement best practices across all branches.
- Evaluate staff’s work performance through semiannual reviews.
- Make recommendations for wage adjustments, addressing performance issues, and hiring and firing of personnel.
- Ensure the training of new and existing employees on the procedures, processes and methods required to achieve organization standards for quality, quantity, and safety.
- Assist in the planning and executing of product training requirements for new and existing employees to achieve multiple employees on your team obtaining expert knowledge of our major products.
- Other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary.
- Three to five years previous customer service and engineering management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related management field or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities
- Experience in customer interactions and relationships
- Leadership Orientation- Actively seeks ways in which to act as a role model, guide, develop and mentor others
- Initiative- Engages in proactive behavior and ability to take action with minimum direction
- Adaptability- Responds effectively to changes
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Industrial distribution experience
- Inventory management experience
- Product knowledge