Application Project Manager
Lead the execution of Application projects, which include Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR), and ensures that all related activities are performed in accordance with policy, relevant cyber security regulations and standards, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, and schedule commitments.
• Leads the project team, establishes the project execution approach, and oversees project hand-over, execution planning, and monitoring and control activities for both internal and external resources in order to accomplish all project goals.
• Provides performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
• Works with engineering to execute design of AMR systems.
Instructions and guidelines
• Active involvement in continuous improvement and simplification.
• Supports improving guidelines, tools, and templates.
• Ensures compliance to relevant cyber security regulations, standards, and contractual requirements.
Budget, sales, and operations planning
• Supports local Sales and Tendering through early involvement in tenders.
Project execution and control
• Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and policies.
• Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization.
• Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses, and cash flow.
• Identifies, qualifies, quantifies, and manages project risks and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued.
• Captures, analyses and shares lessons learned throughout the project.
• Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and acknowledgement by the customer, all in accordance with the contract.
Contract and claims/ & Procurement Management
• Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with policies and contractual agreements.
• Coordinates with Supply Chain Management and successfully procures required services, materials, and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers.
• Supports Procurement and Logistics in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
• Acts as the key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
Health, safety, and environment (HSE)
• Ensures the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
• Creates project HSE Plans and ensures that common HSE policies and reporting are implemented across the project with all stakeholders, including collaboration/consortium partners and sub-suppliers.
• Demonstrates unique actions/initiatives to support site safety and ensures consistent HSE performance.
People leadership and development
• Leads the project team members to achieve project requirements, delivery of contracted deliverables and meeting the committed project result.
• Demonstrates and proactively applies immediate recovery actions to mitigate schedule delays and cost overruns.
Planning and scheduling
• Defines and applies project scheduling techniques to manage schedule risks proactively to avoid possible future schedule deviations with OTD impact.
• Applies earned value method to manage critical path and project float to optimize the schedule.
• Accurately forecasts schedule to determine if the project is still within defined tolerance ranges and identifies any necessary change requests to drive the closure.
• Plans and tracks all project activities, establishes scheduling risks and opportunities in order to deliver projects on time according to commitments to the customer .
• Demonstrates ability to guide and collaborate with a project planning and control specialist.
• Coordinates with Commissioning / Service functions to ensure the designs are appropriately installed and commissioned.
• Identifies and plans all document deliverables required by the contractual scope of work and incorporates this plan into the overall project plan/schedule.
• Tracks document progress and follows-up on overdue comments from customer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 8+ years of experience managing projects
• Strong experience in Autonomous Mobile Robots products
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence both internally and externally