This opening is for a Senior Designer / Powertrain Assembly background
For 2023 this will most likely be a hybrid work model: split between home and office.
(Home: M&F Office T,W,T)
Required Qualifications: Knowledge & Skills:
(No Product designers / Engineers)
As a Mechanical Sr. Designer / Engineer with Experience of Powertrain Assembly, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with Comau's Powertrain Engineering team to develop innovative solutions for Powertrain Assembly, and Test production systems. . This team has a deep understanding of our CNC products, processes, customer requirements, and assembly systems. In this role you will develop the concepts, designs, details, stocklists and layouts to meet project requirements using Solidworks Cad Software. We are looking for experienced candidates who will: Develop complete designs for Manual, Automatic, and Semi-Automatic Stations and Machines. Assist the Manufacturing and Commissioning teams in the implementation of the technical solutions to achieve Part Print and Process requirements.Review and understand our customer requirements and specifications.Actively participate in project team meetings. Some travel domestically and internationally as necessary for project issue resolution and field checks.
Design of complex tooling consisting of for PWTA:
- Piston Stuffing
- Torque Turn
- Piston Travel & Compression
- Supper Structures
- Develop complete designs for Manual, Automatic, and Semi-Automatic Stations and Machines, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Have knowledge of industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made
- Modify existing 3D and 2D models and drawings for 'kit' designs, and create new designs using existing references on simple, intermediate, and complex systems.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies/tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Interpret and adhere to customer specifications (corporate and plant), and local and/or national standards.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Review, and approve product design and changes.
- Perform minor administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings.
- Draw free hand sketches of designs, trace finished drawings onto designated paper for the reproduction of blueprints, and reproduce working drawings on copy
- May be required to supervise and train other drafters, technologists, and technicians.
Experience with Assembly of Powertrain Products
Knowledge of engine blocks, Transmission – Manual and Automatic, cylinder hears
Knowledge of Test of engines, cylinders heads, transmission.
Knowledge of systems build of various PWT products.
Cad / Software Requirements
Microsoft Powertrain background
• 5+ years Mechanical Design and Engineering experience in Powertrain or Associates Degree in Mechanical Technology or equivalent experience
• Ability to work independently and within teams
• Ability to travel domestically (5-20%) and internationally as project needs¿ may require for technical support