View all jobs
Controls Hardware Design EngineerFlint, Michigan
We currently have a full-time Controls Hardware Design Engineer position available.
Candidates will team with the various engineering disciplines and be responsible for:
- Design using EPlan along with national, international and GM standards to create unique detailed blueprints from scratch.
- Perform hardware testing and validation per customer specifications.
- Ability to train others in AutoCAD Electrical and/or EPlan.
- Keeping updated on the fields concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to think conceptually - need to understand the appropriate level of detail to create designs.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop assembly, process control and quality workmanship procedures.
- Effective communication between program managers and controls engineers to keep flow of project maintained
**Candidates must have experience with E-plan and certification in Global Common Controls Hardware (GCCH).**
- Participating in engineering and product development meetings.
- Working with customer machine standards, customer engineers and approval process.
- Identifying complex problems, reviewing related material, developing and implementing solutions.
- Providing engineering solutions and technical support through all phases of a project.