One of our tier one clients in Auburn Hills, MI is seeking a Design Engineer for their power closures group with CATIA V5 design and engineering experience. This role will support multiple product lines containing spindle drive power closures.
The design and engineering of power closure systems for US, Asian, and European automotive OEMs.
· Analyze product specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
· Work closely with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design
· Direct the preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawing and schematics
· Direct and coordinate manufacturing or building of prototype product or system
· Direct planning and development of experimental test programs
· Direct the compilations of operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product