This position is responsible for all aspects of the in-process vision inspection systems including concept, design and integration, including hardware and software engineering.
The role is a long-term contract assignment (i.e. no end date in mind) with a potential of direct hire.
We are looking for someone with, at a minimum, an associate, engineering-based degree but prefer a bachelor; typical candidates have a degree in Electrical Engineering. As for years of experience, 4 - 5 of powertrain assembly or body-in-white
applications is the target. Travel is an important factor as the job consists of approximately 40% travel. The majority of the travel is “local” visits to customer facilities in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan for production support. The travel expectation will increase during our customer shutdowns/re-tools which normally occur at the end of December and the beginning of July.
Summary of the responsibilities:
- Evaluation, testing and implementation of vision systems for component assembly verification.
- Install and maintain vision systems and specialized sensor applications.
- Develop and maintain standard components, software and design for vision systems.
- Executes software product design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications, and technical documentation.
- Perform debug and commissioning support at customer sites and stations in house.
- Prepare software documentation for customer approval and final documentation.
- Address potential problems and carry out appropriate actions individually or propose solutions to the project manager depending on the severity of the problem.
- Support of vision aided measurement/evaluation systems.
- Attend critical project timing meetings.
- Supports communication with customers, suppliers and company project team regarding all vision issues in assigned project in support of the project team.
- Effectively represent the company product to the customer; conduct customer training when appropriate.
The Vision systems that we use are:
- Cognex / Cognex handscanners;