Under the direction of production supervision, the Production Technician I builds the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, meeting company production standards, and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Typical duties/responsibilities for operations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble, test and repair gas chromatograph products, following Engineering documents, ensuring the highest quality products, meeting company product standards, production goals, and customer specifications and delivery requirements.
- Operate computer to run tests, check schedules, update status of jobs.
- Perform testing per procedures.
- Continually monitor quality of parts used in the assembly process.
- Assist in the training of other employees, addressing and resolving inquiries and problems.
- Perform material handling activities as required.
- Review assembly/test processes/methods and recommend changes to ensure the continuous, ongoing improvement of productivity and quality.
- Interface with engineering to accurately communicate information.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, reject tickets, etc.
- Participate actively in team meetings and group discussions.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
Complexity of Tasks: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to perform a variety of semi-technical assignments such as assembly, test and repair of gas chromatograph products.
High School diploma required. Associates Degree in Electronics is preferred. Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
Knowledge of gas chromatography and experience testing repairing gas chromatographs.
1st shift - 7-3:30pm